Where you can get more support
- National Breastfeeding Helpline: 0300 100 0212
- La Leche League GB Helpline: 0345 120 2918
- Association of Breastfeeding Mothers: 0300 330 5453
- NCT Breastfeeding Helpline: 0300 330 0771
Breastfeeding information and links
Click on any of these titles to jump to that section
How do I position my baby to breastfeed?
Laid back breastfeeding
- Natural Breastfeeding in action (Nancy Mohrbacher)
- Biological Nurturing sample scenario (Biological Nurturing)
- Breastfeeding & baby-led attachment (Raising Children Network)
One of our breastfeeding counsellors, Maddie, demonstrates side-lying https://fb.watch/4yGDQC9pWl/
Videos – latching and attaching
- From Bump To Breastfeeding: Graphic of a Baby Attaching on the Breast
- How to latch a baby using the exaggerated latch technique
- The Basics of Latching on Vimeo (Breastfeeding Medicine)
- Attaching Your Baby at the Breast – (Global Health Media)
- How to breastfeed: good attachment (Raising Children Network)
- Clip of baby latching slow motion (Lucy Webber IBCLC)
- Clip of baby latching deeply (Lucy Webber IBCLC)
The exaggerated latch or the flipple
How do I do breast compression?
- 4 day old feeding with breast compressions (International Breastfeeding Centre)
- Video explaining breast compressions (Katherine Stagg IBCLC)
- Video showing breast compressions (Real Baby Milk)
- Increase milk transfer with breast compressions (Global Health Media)
How do I hand express my milk?
- The Basics of Breast Massage and Hand Expression (Maya Bolman IBCLC)
- Hand Expressing Milk | Newborn Nursery | Stanford Medicine
What happens when I am engorged?
Dealing with blocked ducts/mastitis
How do I do paced bottle feeding?
- Paced Bottle Feeding (Stacy Kucharczk IBCLC)
- Paced Bottle Feeding (Jessica Barton IBCLC)
- Paced Bottle Feeding (Breastfeeding Resource Center)
How do I use a nipple shield?
- How to put on a nipple shield (Lyndsey Hookway IBCLC)
- Video of baby latching with a nipple shield (No Milk Like Mamas)